Thursday, December 4, 2008

Glenn Beck plays clip of Ezra Taft Benson

I think this quote is very interesting. I hope our country is not wanting to lose all its freedom and become communists. I think people are so spoiled in America (me included) that sometimes we forget what the word freedom means--or what it doesn't mean. To me, freedom means that a person has the capability of working for money (or whatever he needs) in order to support his/her family's needs and basic wants. I think, freedom means a person has the ability to own property, buy and sell, chose what to do for a living, have access to education to be able to pursue interests, be able to have religious faith and be able to defend oneself if that becomes necessary. It doesn't mean not having to pay bills, work, or take care of yourself. It doesn't give you the right to be lazy, irresponsible, play all the time, and most of all not suffer the consequences of your choices.

No comments: