Saturday, April 24, 2010

Short holocaust story from Eric's Grandpa

Okay, so its the middle of the night. Both the kids woke up needing help to go back to sleep and now I can't fall back asleep.
Just a while ago I read that the UN was eliminating the Holocaust from education because there are some Muslims who don't believe it happened. (I guess they don't want people sympathizing with Jews, or something) Anyhow, there are so many witnesses that it is true, and it is strange that the UN is bowing down to a minority group within the Muslims.
Which got me thinking, Eric's grandfather sat down with me a few years ago and told me a story from when he was a tank soldier in the Army. He told of how they came into the concentration camps and found the people there in pinstripe pjs. They were starved and they were so happy to see the Americans. Some of the soldiers had candy bars in their pockets, and they gave the candy to the starving people, who immediately died after consuming the stuff. Sad, huh!
I really hope we don't repeat this horrible carnage from history.

No comments: