Sunday, October 24, 2010

Brown Paper-bag Popcorn

I really wanted some popcorn today. But we don't have a popcorn popper. I got online and found that you could cook popcorn in a brown paper bag in the microwave. I tried it. I burned the first one, of course. But then I made some really great popcorn. I was so happy, I made like 4 bags of it and made it into caramel corn.

All you need is:
1 brown paper-bag
1/4 cup of popcorn kernels

Cook it for about 2 minutes (It started burning around 2 1/2 minutes :)
Then you can dress it however you want. How healthy is that! Of course, caramel isn't healthy :)

One bad thing (But it happens with any popcorn cooking): There were a lot of uncooked kernels in my caramel corn, so I decided that next time-I would make a little hole in the bottom of the paper bag and, sort of, strain them out before dressing them :)

1 comment:

LittleBrownFamily said...

I hadn't heard that, but it's a great idea. Jeff and I have been wanting to get a popcorn popper, and that is to be our next weight loss prize.
Mow we might be able to save a little $$ and just use bags! By the way, I have an EXCELLENT recipe for candied popcorn. It's always a hit at parties. :)